Bookmarks Tree Creator
||Jun 8, 1998
Just submit your bookmarks file and a full tree is returned to you, including entries marked as "new" if they were added in the last week.
Any user can use this utility, then copy the returned source code to put on their site for an impressive list of links!
Or, you can upload your bookmarks file and have it read from the file each time, rather than submitting your bookmarks file!
- All the features of the tree script, plus a free toaster!
- Netscape 3.x or 4.x bookmarks file
- CGI.pm if you want to run the script on your server
- Perl 5 if you want to run the script on your server
If you want to Upload your bookmark.htm each time you need to:
- Copy the bookmarks.pl to your server and make sure it is executable
- Change the following lines to match your site:
$days_new = 7;
$base = ""; (Put the FULL path to the path of your image files. ex: /images/bookmarks/ )
- Do one of the steps below:
Or, if you want the script to Read from a file on the server you need to:
- Create a form with input type="file" named "bookmarks" and point it to bookmarks.pl
(see the example index.html)
- Upload your bookmark.htm file to the server in the same directory as the CGI script.
- Modify line 2 of the script to point to your filename, and un-comment it (remove the #).
- Now just run the bookmarks.pl file and it will return the tree!
- Upload your bookmarks file below and see the results!
- Download bookmarks.zip (contains all the images you need for your own site as well)
- This won't work with IE because Microsoft has to do everything different.
- You need to change the BASE to point to your images, as shown above!
I put my hard work up here for you to download for free.
Please at least let me know what you think and give me some feedback!